Ken studied neuropsychology at Harvard while producing operas and orchestra concerts in his “spare time”. That’s also when he started investing for himself and his family. Ken’s experience as an active investor now spans over 40 years.
Post med school and residency, Ken worked as an internist at Harvard University Health Services, then came to Southern California to work at Kaiser-Permanente. There he served as Coordinator of Preventive Care, and director of both patient and physician education at the West LA Medical Center. He subsequently founded ConvergenceHealth, a web-based health assessment and improvement resource.
In 2004, Ken’s life-long interest in investing took center stage. He started his own financial advisory, aiming to give many different types of people the benefits of working with a financial advisor and seasoned investor. He later merged his firm with that of KCS co-founder Laura Gilman.
Ken is very active in charities. He’s served on the boards of several in the Los Angeles area, including the Santa Monica Rotary, of which he is currently vice president. Ken lives in West Los Angeles with his wife and two Siamese cats.
- River Edge, New Jersey
- Harvard College, BA in Psychology and Social Relations
- Baylor College of Medicine, MD
- Harvard School of Public Health, MPH
- Chartered Financial Analyst ® (CFA) Charterholder, 2007. Passed all three exams in minimum possible time of 18 months.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ (CFP), 2012
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary ® (AIF), 2005
- Cycling. Ballroom dancing. Playing piano and singing bass with a capella group Westside Voices.
“Always do what’s right – not what’s easy.”