Buddy streamlines the operational processes of KCS to make practices and procedures run as smoothly as possible. Simultaneously a navel-gazing philosopher and evidence-based practitioner, this polymath constantly seeks out ways to minimize tedium and inefficiency in service of the higher human goods: art, philosophy, and kindness.
After graduation, Buddy taught various subjects from Logic and English Composition to Plato and Economics for nine years. His love of education and aptitude in investing led him to move on from teaching to the pragmatic world of applied economics in personal finance. He started as a financial advisor with Edward Jones, then became an investment strategist with a Securian Financial Services firm, and, immediately prior to joining KCS, served as the investment director for a 50 advisor hybrid BD/RIA firm in Newport Beach.
When not working or commuting, Buddy hosts the Financial Philosophers Club, co-hosts with his wife the Whittier Dead Poets Society, discusses all things monarchical with the Royal Stewart Club of Los Angeles, serves on the board of Nurturing Hope for the Nations, and explores the weird and interesting—particularly where a Tiki bar is involved.
- Whittier, California
- Biola University, BS in Biochemistry
- Biola University, MA in Education: History and Philosophy of Science Specialization
- Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor ® (APMA)
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary ® (AIF)
- California Insurance Life and Health License, # 0K67310
- Reading poetry and philosophy. Watching horror films. Exploring.
“If the torpedo fish is torpid as well as the cause of torpidity in others, then I am a torpedo fish.”